What do you think of this quote?

Neale Donald Walsch~ Betrayal of yourself in order not to betray another is Betrayal nonetheless. It is the Highest Betrayal. The Highest Choice is not always the choice which seems to serve another.

circle_of_life

Asked by circle_of_life at 6:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I couldn't agree more... Betrayal is betrayal, no matter how noble the intentions behind it are and to betray ones self is by far the worst betrayal of all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It's easier just to say be true to yourself.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree. Sometimes the best thing you can do is selfish.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It also brings to mind the Wiccan Rede "An it harm none, do thy will" What people often forget is that YOU count in the "harm none" part. Harming yourself in order not to harm something or someone else is still harm, and still goes agains the Rede. So we all just have to make the choices that do the least harm.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well it think it would have been easier to just say..".be true to yourself" because no one else actually gives a poop! I mean really, who needs all that confusing talk when you can just say it in 4 words or less... LOL!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• to thine ownself be true.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I personally don't see how it's possible to betray your own self. In order to have a betrayal there has to be a harmful act against a person that causes a breach in trust, confidence and the relationship. I know people can hurt themselves, but is it really a betrayal? And if it's a result of a mental condition, can we honestly say the person betrayed his/herself? I can understand better the term "sabotaging" oneself, by refusing to see the truth in front of us and live by it, which ultimately damages no one but us. But it's not a betrayal, it's a denial.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Very true.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• totally!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010