side abdominal pain in early pregnancy?

I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, and for the past couple days I have been getting a sort of pain in my side, it has happened on both sides of my bottom lower abdomen, but mostly on the right side. It is in one concentrated spot when it happens. I haven't had any spotting so far and I am terrified of the possibility of ectopic pregnancy, but some people have told me they had the same type of pain and that it is normal. It isn't unbearable pain, just annoying, and it isn't constant. Has anyone experienced something like this in early pregnancy? My doctor's appointment isn't for 2 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had an ectopic and two healthy pregnancies. I have experienced that annoying twinge in all of my pregnancies. In the ectopic, though, I had weird bleeding that resolved then a bad feeling (not a fear, I wasn't afraid I just knew something was wrong, don't confuse the two), no pregnancy symptoms, and then bad cramping and spotting followed shortly by excrutiating pain on one side (not both).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second child. In my last pregancy and this one I have sharp pains on the sides of my lower abdomen. This was just the ligaments that attach to my uterus stretching. Its not a pleasent feeling, but its not harmful. Try doing some stretches (dont overstretch) to help your body stretch out for your growing baby.
    kat12874

Answer by kat12874 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i had something like that during my second pregnacy. and i was told that its normal. relax.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i had it with all three and they say it was normal,use a hot water bottle or heating pad it helps
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 6:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• call ur doc to be safe.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 6:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would call your ob asap to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 6:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i had some side pain but only on my right side. come to find out i had a cyst on my right ovary and they had to remove it while i was 5 months pregnant! i would call ur doc just to b safe!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010