How can l adopt a baby for free?

What agencies can l go 2?

Tslove23

Asked by Tslove23 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Adoption

• I really want a baby, l been tryin 2 get preg 4 a long time.
    Tslove23

Comment by Tslove23 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I know of no way.even if thru the state there is fees or even a family adoption-lawyer fees.we tried to adopt and it fell thru but due to money,I still miss her
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 6:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• There isn't a such thing as adopting a baby for free.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Stalk high schools. No, no, I'm just kidding. You can't adopt for free.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 7:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Wow, OP, your computer did something weird! Anyway, I have heard of people adopting through fost-adopt for free, but I think that is when you are open to special needs or "hard to place" children. I don't know a lot about fost-adopt, but maybe somebody else can help you with more info. I don't know what state you are in, but I know that Nebraska has Nebraska Children's Home Society (for NE residents only) and they handle everything from infant placement to fost -adopt. They charge no fees whatsoever - even for the lawyer. Do some checking into what is available in your state. We adopted through Catholic Charities. It wasn't free, but it was very inexpensive. We saved the money for the first adoption and borrowed the money for the second. We've been together for 21 years now and have had no pregnancies, so the money was the least of our concerns. We just wanted a family with children.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• lol!! The only way is if you go to DCF or CPS...whatever the state system is called in your state. The issue with this is your chances of getting an infant is slim. Other than that the cheapest I have seen is where we went. It was $23k and then we received a $13500 credit from the Feds. So it was essentionally $9500. I will say if you make under $200k/year you will qulaify for that tax credit as long as the adoption fees are more. GL!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• "Stalk high schools. No, no, I'm just kidding. You can't adopt for free."

I guess if you knew that some adoption agencies do that, and you knew how terrible that is, you might not think that was too funny. Personally, I don't find it funny in the least.

The best way to adopt without lots of money is through a foster-to-adopt program. Still not free, but can you afford to raise a child?
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Foster to adopt is typically free to minimal costs....however, you will still have to research your area's laws and regulations as every state has different laws. Background checks, and training classes will be required depending on your area...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We are fostering to adopt. And it is FREE! :) We have 3 babies, that were all brought home from the hospital as newborns. They are classified as special needs because they are a minority sibling group. (twins and a singleton)

I don't want to sound rude to the others who replied, but please don't assume certain things about a topic unless you know the facts. In many states, it is basically free, the are loads of newborns and they aren't always a hard to place scenario. Call your local Department of Family Services and go to an orientation meeting. They can answer your questions there! :)

Do know that most fostering situations can end with the child being reunited with family or their birth parents, but there are safe haven babies and many other scenarios out there. And try not to present your motive as looking for a free baby to adopt. Think about what you are really saying... :)

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Is that what a baby's worth to you - nothing? It isn't free to have a baby if you get pregnant and it certainly isn't free to adopt a baby. Do you realize how many people are out there who want to adopt a baby and are willing to pay big money to do it. I think you need to do some serious thinking about this before you move forward.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010