How do I make the switch? (potty training)

So, my son will use the potty all the time now, but whenever I put underwear on him, he pees in them. He'll tell me if he has to go while wearing pull-ups. How do I make the switch from pull ups to underwear?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 6:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's just about instilling it in him that he needs to tell you either way.
    You can try taking him to the bathroom more frequently to show him that he still has to use it when wearing underwear.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• good question, I'm noticing the same with my DD.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Once I found out that my DS was being put on the toilet at daycare we got rid of the potty so he was trained on the toilet from jump.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• When I say potty, I mean toilet. He never found the training potty worth using. Once he could hold himself up on the toilet, that's where he went. He can get on the toilet himself, but has trouble with the light switch in the bathroom, so he asks for my help whenever he needs to go. Unless he's wearing underwear. Then he just goes in his undies. We're trying to figure out how to get him to stop peeing while wearing cloth underwear.
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 6:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I never did the pull-ups because i see it as a diaper.
    Some kids dont like underwear at 1st because they feel naked
    What we did with the boys is for 2 days let them run around naked.
    let him pick out the underwear and tell him not to pee on so and so
    like they wanted thomas underwear and told them not to pee on thomas and that worked for us
    gl
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010