have you ever used Mod Podge? I am taking a liking to it! I really want some outdoor mod podge!

I don't want to order it but, I can't find it anywhere! I have looked at all the craft stores! Anyway do you know if you could use regular outdoor mod podge and just spray a coat of sealer on top of it and make it ok for out doors? If you know the answer or where to get the answer please let me know! I am decorating some clay pots for christmas gifts!

Thanks!

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I love mod podge too! I'm sure if you sealed it with a coat or two of poly, it would be fine.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Opps! I ment to say regular mod podge not regular outdoor mod podge :)
    smarie1011

Comment by smarie1011 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Do they still make it? WOW, we used to use it in the 70's..lol. Telling my age. If you use a spray polyurethane it should seal it just fine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I remember using it in art class in school when I was a kid! But, I just started using it at home. Its awesome stuff! The make like 10 different kinds now though! I Just use the regular old fashion stuff though! I am hoping it will hold up outdoors! :)
    smarie1011

Comment by smarie1011 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I used it years and years ago when I was making jewelry boxes as gifts. I bought it at a small local craft store. Have you checked Michael's, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart?   Amazon.com looks like they have every kind there is.  JoAnn's has it online too.

I'm not sure about the regular holding up outdoors or not.  It seems like it would be fine if the sealer is an outdoor one.  Sounds like a fun project!

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010