is it possible??

Ive been taking ovulation predictor kits this past month. About 3 days ago I finally got a positive, It was a day later than I had expected but I thought nothing of it. I got a positive 2 days in a row like you are supposed to. I took another today just for giggles and it wasn't quite positive but it was very close to. If you actually conceive do they stay toward the positive side? Im just curious since i was supposed to ovulate 2 days ago and it is almost positive still

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No conception would not make an ovulation test continue to be positive. But the good news, 10 days after conception you can get a blood test! I found out I was pregnant 10 days after conception via a blood pregnancy test! Good luck and lots of baby dust!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 6:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No. The level of LH, the hormone OPKs detect, goes down after it sends the message to your body for the follicle to release the egg. After that happens, you will no longer get a positive, regardless of whether conception occurred.

However -- since LH and hCG are so similar (the same, actually, except for an extra little something hCG has that LH doesn't), OPKs will detect hCG as well (HPTs only look for the extra thing associated specifically with hCG). So if conception has occurred, then when there's enough hCG in your system to be detected, an OPK will be positive, though you should still take an HPT for confirmation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Good luck!!!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010