I was wondering how do mothers feel about strip clubs and if its wrong to work at one if your not striping?

I am a loving and caring mother of a beautiful 4 year old little girl and i am newly engaged to a wonderful man. I was offered a job at a strip club but not as a stripier just as a server. I know its not that greatest environment and I know my fiance isn't happy that I am willing to work there in such a degrading environment. But Its really the only job I have been offered In about 4 years, I feel like I have applied every where and no one wants me. So I guess I am taking what I can get for now. I just want to know how would you mothers feel about working there and if its wrong of me? I no my fiance gets really insecure some times and thinks guys will be all over me. It requires a outfit its only serving soda and its easy money. Should I be concerned that my Brian will find mischief over this or stick to it and make us some money till we can get better? what do you think and what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, we do what we can for our families. Sometimes we have to take the lower end of the position in order to move ourselves up. Not everything that is considered "Survival" is condoned in my eyes, but being a server at a strip club seems perfectly fine to me. No, it is not the greatest of environments, but you are only serving drinks. I understand the outfit they have you wear might be a little revealing as well, but again you're only serving drinks. You do what you can to help your family, and if your Fiance' loves you he will support you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thats a situation I would never want to put myself in. I am okay with other people working in that environment but I know its not for me. My SO would not be able to handle me working there no matter what my job was (even if it was cleaning toilets after the place was closed) and it wouldn't be worth my relationship.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 7:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I was a dancer when I was 18. I don't have the body for it now, but I wouldn't count it out if I did... I have never been one to be shy about my body or my sexuality, and don't understand those who are. Jobs in clubs (strip and non-strip clubs) come with some harassment, but to be honest, I worked in a "family restaurant" and underwent a LOT more harassment from customers there than at the club. If you are the type of person, like I am, who is strong enough to ignore the jackasses and enjoy your job, there is nothing shameful about working in a strip club. It's great money... And NO JOB is bullet proof, NO JOB is going to be perfect... But if this one feeds your kids, I surely wouldn't not take it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Honestly, you gotta do what you gotta do. As long as what you are doing isn't illegal or hurting others, you have to feed your family. I wouldn't be able to do it, and my DH would never be OK with me waitressing at a place like that, but if you've been looking for work for four years, I say take it. Just keep looking for other opportunities and don't put it on your resume. GL!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It isn't for me in fact I would work at McDonald's before I would work there but we all do what we need to for our families. Keep looking even if you take that job and get out as fast as you can
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I worked as a cocktail waitress at a strip club in my early 20s. I had a BF and no kids. It was often a rough job because of the men, it was hard not to get caught up in what the guys say to you or promise you, and I often got my ass slapped a bit more than I cared for. I was liked too much sometimes I think because I was a mystery, I had my clothes on.

Now, at this point in my life, I'm married and have a child. I don't think I would want to work at a club anymore. It may change my perception on life, and I like my life the way it is. I do bar tend once a week still and believe me, I get hit on plenty. But it is nothing like the men in the clubs with empty promises and piles of cash. I don't need that in my life anymore.

Regardless of what I would do for me, I think it will cause issues between you and your man. Unless you are in such dire need for money that you would sacrifice your relationship I would stay away.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 7:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• First I have this to say you cannot eat pride and second there is nothing wrong with doing what puts food on the table third you can only be degraded if you allow yourself to be.Are all of those overly righteous people that think its wrong going to feed you and your kid???? Pick your head up and never let anyone tell you whats wrong and degraging you can only feel those things if you allow it. Congrats and Keep your head up momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• First off, I think strip clubs are horrible places. They put women on display and its down right degrading. No, I wouldn't work there, especially as a mother. I would pick trash up off the side of the road before I worked as server in a strip club.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i would not work in a degrading environment like that, but i hear you on wanting to make money. it would be tempting for me too, but i just think at the end of the day i might not do it. i mean, i guess it depends on how much you make and how you get treated while your there. just dont ever tell your daughter.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I had a harder time dealing with the guys just waitressing at a regular bar than I did waiting at a strip club. *shrug* you do what you gotta do - there's damned good money to be made.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010