Babies and cows milk

My DS will be one in a couple of weeks. It seems my milk supply has gone drastically down this month. I'm not really sure why.
My question is, since my milk has gone down and I dont seem to have enough for him, would it be a good idea to start him on cow's milk?
I know it's recommended to start after 1 year old but he's so close.
Also, are there any tips I should know in regards to how much to give him, should I start slow, etc...?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes it would be acceptable to start him now. I think all of my kids were on it at about 11 months
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If your that close, its fine. Our ped told us there was no need to do anything special when we intro'd it. Just start giving it, and just be on the lookout for any signs of problems with it. Diarrhea, constapation, rashes, etc.. Is your little one a healthy weight? If his weight is fine, the few calories less in whole milk than breast milk won't be a problem. :) If he is underweight, you can add a splash of cream to it to increase the calories.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree with the abv answers and be sure as said watch for any problems from the milk. He'll most likely be fine. Good luck .
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010