me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pragnet for year and a half and still havent, could there be something wrong with me or him?

Asked by kelly_09 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The best thing I ever did was join some of the TTC groups here on cafemom. Conception Buddies is my favorite. Reading all the posts taught me a lot about infertility and how to increase my odds!

Answer by hstansbury17 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i would make an OB appointment...they will run some bloodwork to make sure it isnt hormonal...thats how i found out i have hypothyroidism...GL

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 2:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Go to the doctor. It may just be the way it is. My ex husband and I were together for over 3 years and I never got pregnant with him. Withing 6 months of our divorce his girlfriend was pregnant and so was I by my now fiance. God just has a plan for all of us, it may just not be time for you. Are you and your boyfriend planning to get married? You may want to get your life a little more established first too. Try the TTC groups or try going to the doctor.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Get the book "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" It's VERY helpful. There may be absolutely NOTHING wrong...your timing might just be off. It can take healthy couples over 1 year to concieve. If you are concerned make an appointment with a midwife or OBGYN to have them run some test. But if you haven't been tracking your cycles than I highly suggest you try that for a couple of months BEFORE spending hundreds and maybe thousands at the doc having some test done that might be totally unnecessary!

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• BTW, you really need to finish high school first. From what your question says and what your profile says you have been trying to have a baby since you were barely 16 years old. That is way too young. Enjoy your life first. Having a baby is very hard and it has a lot of ups and downs and it can end relationships so quickly. I beg of you, finish your education first. I would pay money to go back and finish my college education before my daughter had been born. My daughter deserves more out of a mom than what I can give her right now. You are still in high school dear. I am not trying to bash rather I am trying to plead with you to do right for yourself so that you can do right for a child later in life.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree with HeatherTurner. A baby will give you lots of love, but will also take a lot out of your life. I am 26, and my kids are 3 and 4 right now, and there are still times that I wish I didn't have kids as early as I did, and I was 21. There was just so many things that I could have experienced, and so many things I could have done differently if I didn't have kids.

Answer by hstansbury17 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes please do not get pregnant at 17! Like the last two said, having a kid is very hard. I'm 25 and I still think I'm too young. It takes a lot of money and a lot of your time. Don't you want whats best for your child?

Answer by ambie1983 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had a m/c last april. We decided to start trying again about 2 months later and nothing happened. I thought i was never going to get pregnant again and i started talking to my husband about possible adoption. I found out i was pregnant almost a year to the day we lost our first baby. What im trying to get at... My dr told me i have a tilted uterus and that is why it is hard for me to get pregnant. With a tilted uterus I have heard you should try it from behind. You may not even have one, but i thought i would share my story. Good Luck!

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 1:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I dont know if there could be anything wrong. However by my experience it took my husband and I 4 years to get pregnant and theirs nothing wrong. The doctor said it was just stress and the fact that at the time my husband and I were both smoking. Once we got healtheir and got our lives together we got pregnant. It may be nothing it may be something.

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 3:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My husband (then boyfriend) and I took a year and half to get pregnant. Don't worry...but maybe rethink your timing. i was 19. I love my daughter to death, but just think about the times that your friends are going out on a friday night and you won't be able to. If you are ready then you are ready! But just put a lot of thought into it. it's not something you can take back! Good luck, and if you want to talk send me a message.

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008