potty training tips? please?

supermommy1983

Asked by supermommy1983 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My guy was STUBBORN. We're still not 100%.
    I had the best luck letting him be naked on the bottom, putting the potty where he could find it easily, and just waiting. If he started messing with his stuff, I stuck him on the potty. If I knew it was his regular poop time, I'd stick him on it and let him watch some cartoons or we'd read or whatever. Took a while, but it worked.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• to help him be a good aimer you can put cheerios in the toliet and have him aim at em .....:) also I wouldnt reccomend using those pull ups during the day if he isnt staying dry at night yet ten use em but I liked to use the terry cloth training pantsthey save money and they feel good on the kids but the child will feel the wetness and find it uncomfortable and patients.....
    barabra

Answer by barabra at 7:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• All the tips are good, it's just you will have to find what works for you. I would read to him while he was sitting and sing songs. But, what I found out is that you both have to be ready. Not just your toddler, but parents included.
    Flower_Mom

Answer by Flower_Mom at 1:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2010