help with new baby

I have a precious little girl who is just 2 months old. does anyone have or did anyone have a situation where they just felt that they were very distant from their husband after the baby was born? I feel like we are not close anymore and we should be. he only seems happy when he's with the baby and I just feel frustrated all the time. any suggestions?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 1:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i feel your pain.. right now we have a 2 month old and we sleep in seperate rooms since i am on maternity leave and he still has school.. but on the weekends he sleeps in here with us. i've sat him down and let him know how i feel-kinda alone and dealing with everything by myself and he makes an effort to help so maybe just sitting down and communicating how you are feeling so it's out there, find out how he feels and maybe get some alone time back with a sitter for a couple hours or something.. helped us out. good luck.
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm right there with you! I have a 2 month old girl and a 18 month old boy. I'm a SAHM and my DH has work and college. It's always just me and the kids. When DH gets home it's play time but the only time he wants to be with me is for sex.... not something I want at all! Dh loves being with the babies, but not so much with me. The other night we sat down and I told him how I was feeling and he said that he doesn't want to bother me since I have so much going on right now. ( cause you know, being hounded for sex isn't a bother at all!) Maybe you should have a sit down and tell him what's going on with you. give him a few suggestions of how to re-kindle your flame... =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• We went threw this same thing. For us, it was just something we had to work through.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• We had the exact same problem. When i was pregnant i knew im going to be a mommy and everything will change. but it was after i gave birth when i actually realized what it means to be a mommy. I was there for my girl 24/7. I didnt care about anything else, cept from my little girl and chores. I didnt have time for my husband anymore ect. I neglected him really bad and didnt even realize it until we seperated for a long time. :( It was really bad and im glad we worked everything out. We are back together and happy again.

You need to talk to your hubby, tell him about your feelings and your worries.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Its called post partum in men, I just read a CNN article about it a few weeks ago. Men naturally do not deal with their emotions, now they have this little life that takes all your time and attention, they are confused, jelous, frustrated... you need to talk it out with him. Good luck.

My hubby and I are great at sharing the baby duties, but he WILL NOT bathe her- its just a guy thing.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008