Were you pregnant and did not know it?

I cannot imagine how this could happen but I do know one person is real life that this did happen too! She was 16 and thin, never showed and still had her period everything. Went to the ER with cramps and came home with a 6lb baby!

Have you had this happen to you? What did you do?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 7:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wow! No, I sure haven't. With our son, I began showing at about 12 weeks at which point, I couldn't hide it very well anymore if at all. I usually miss my period when I get pregnant and that is a good indication that I am pregnant. Then I run a test, and it turns out positive.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I had a friend who didn't know she was pregnant til labor started... She was rather heavy though, so when she put on more weight it wasn't anything new. She never missed a period so she had no signs like that either, and because she was a teen she honestly just chalked the other symptoms up to hormones or just being a teen... But I couldn't imagine being thin and not showing, I wasn't really "thin" and I still show... But hey, who knows, we are all different, so are our pregnancies.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• This reminds me of that tv show I didn't know I was pregnant. There was a thin girl on there who didn't gain any weight but she had a craving for pickles.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Not me....

But it happened to my sister-in-law. And no...she was not a bigger girl. She was still having her "period" every month, was working out religiously (she did gain weight), gained weight but never got the "pregnant belly", thought the movement was gas. He will be 2 in January, very healthy and AWESOME!!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Wow that is insane
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• it happens more than people think i had 1 at 17 but miscarried at 8 weeks and only then with me in the ER getting an exam did they believe me i had 1 healthy child before that and 2 more after that well im 26 now and at the begining of this year i started doing light work outs to lose about 40lbs (lost 35lbs) for my wedding next summer (now pushed back but thats ok cuz we get a baby) in march i had a light pos and 2 negs when i was 10 days late but started my period the same day so i disregarded it but did continue to test monthly negative each time and still getting a monthly period anywhere from 1 week early to 6 days late all the movements i chalked up to gas and spasms UNTIL my fiance laid his head on my tummy and got a swift kick in the head then an angel told me i had 3 months to prepare it even came out negative on my blood test but theres a healthy and very active baby in there due in december :) hope this helps.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010