negitive hpt with multiples?

hey so i was reading online and i read that some times with multiples your HPT comes out neg. is that true? does any one have experience with that?

ariibabiiex3

Asked by ariibabiiex3 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I haven't heard that, but I've heard that the hCG can be higher.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• no babies are not like double negatives in english class. They don't cancel each other out. In fact the hcg can often be higher would give you a postive result faster than a singleton.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My doctor told me that levels are often higher and quicker. My levels at 4 weeks exactly were 900 and that made him say that there could possibly be more than one baby in there. I never heard of there ever being negative levels.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I've never heard of that before. From what I've heard multiple pregnancies can make a pregnancy test show up quicker. If in doubt call your ob/gyn and ask for a blood test.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010