Has anyone taken Crinone 8%?

Hey all I started taking crinone 8% about 1 week ago, the first 2-3 days I didn't notice much but now I have this weird cottage cheese like discharge that is a little brown like old blood. I have read that it can cause some mild spotting from the irritation of the crinone itself, but did anyone else have the chunky discharge, and what did you do about it?

fairygoddess_85

Asked by fairygoddess_85 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yup, I have been on it. Its normal. It actually adhears to your vaginal lining so after a while it starts shedding off and comes out chunky like that. Gross, huh? But I have got to tell ya, I have been on progtesterone suppositories (they were like refrigerated shortning and super messy) and the shots, and Crinone is by far the easiest, least messy, least painful way to get progesterone. Good luck, if this is pregnancy related. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thanks, that does help to know that it is normal! I am 6 weeks and they started me on it because my progesterone was 14.9 at 21 dpo so as long as it does what it is supposed to then I can handle the side effects. A previous pregnancy in march ended in m/c and seeing how low my level is this time around I think that was the cause of the first one, so we shall see, i see the dr in a couple days for a u/s so I will ask her her thoughts on the crinone.
    fairygoddess_85

Comment by fairygoddess_85 (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010