Is it wrong to let my 2 yr old eat french fries for dinner if he wont eat anything else?

Normally he eats healthy stuff and all his fruits and veggies are provided for but sometimes he wont eat anything but frenchfries and things like that. During those times i give him V8 splash to try to make up for lost vitamins. So am i a bad mom for giving in when he wont eat anything else?

JayBran06

Asked by JayBran06 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is it wrong to let my 2 yr old eat french fries for dinner if he wont eat anything else?

That's a question only YOU can answer. You know your child better than any of us. My dd eats waffles for dinner sometimes. Sometimes she'll only have a bran muffin. Or a bowl of grape tomatoes. Since we don't have sit-down meals, it's not a big deal.
    Anonymous

• Nope, i often have to give my 16 month old whatever he will eat. he eats his healthy food alot and i always offer it but sometimes he doesnt want it. yesterday i couldnt get him to eat anything but crackers and entammens cider donuts for dinner but hey its better then nothing.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Order from Peasofmind
    they make fries that are combo of carrots, cauliflower and other stuff. They taste and look like real fries. Supertarget carries 'em plus you can get them online

also switch to SWEET POTATO fries and make sure you're getting baked only and not fried fries
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• get the organic shoe string ones from Whole Foods...they aren't fried at all..they are just organic potatoes with lemon juice to promote browning in the oven..they r yummy and they taste the same and good for him
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• PS v8splash uses sucralose, I am pretty sure. I'd bet you a bottle of the stuff your pediatrician would agree 2 year olds are better missing some veggies than ingesting sucrolose.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• no. if they wont eat anything else.. its better to have them eat something.. Great Mommy for caring ;) and making sure they eat something!!!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• all children go through a picky phase.....be sure to offer other fun finger foods....like carrot sticks, broccoli with dip, apple slices....some kids just want as easy buffet like that...always offer some of what your eating...no shortorder cook .....you also might want to change up the dirnk for something like the pediasure or boost shakes......chewable vitamins arent a bad idea either....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• For me, no, it's not wrong since we go through the same thing - but I do try and limit french fries/fried food to once a week. Given the option, I'm pretty sure my son would eat fries every day for every meal. ;) I do also give him chewable vitamins, which at least makes me feel better on those days when he just refuses everything I offer him.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010