Newborn will only sleep in swing!

My son is about 5 weeks old and since we have been home, he will only sleep in his swing at night. During the day he sleeps anywhere, but at night he will only sleep in the swing. If I put him anywhere else he ends up waking up within minutes and crying...he is gassy a lot but doesn't spit up (my daughter had reflux so I considered that because of the incline of the swing). I even propped up his crib mattress so it was inclined but he still wont stay asleep in it at night...any suggestions? Should I just let him sleep in it for now and try to get him into his crib when he is older? (I've heard you cant spoil a baby this young...) HELP!

LLE672

Asked by LLE672 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son LOVED his swing and his tummy hurt alot too when he was younger. i let him sleep in his swing during naps and overnight until he was 6 months old. just check with ur DR first and see what he thinks.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• He needs the sleep more than you need to be stressing about it. theres nothing wrong with it....my first son slept in his swing every night until he was too heavy and it wouldnt swing anymore. my second son will ONLY sleep in his crib. I wouldnt concern myself with it....if hes sleeping then so are you, enjoy it :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My son wouldnt sleep anywhere but his bouncer until he was 2 months old. I dont think there is anything wrong with it. As long as heis strapped in and is in a safe place I dont see anything wrong with it. If you dont have a problem with it dont force it. He will sleep in his bed in due time. He needs his sleep. It probably just helps with his tummy issues. He wants to sleep longer and he know thats the place where he can do it. Good Luck!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Invest in some batteries Mommy!

As long as he is content and fine, I would not worry about how long he sleeps in the swing as long as it may help his little belly feel better .... he can rest so you can to!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• let him sleep.. my daughters were ubsessed with their papasan swing and slept in it for months.. they would only sleep in their bed at night ..we had to put a baby vibrator on the mattress
    http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Gentle-Vibrations-Soother/dp/B000CRFOWK
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Let him! My son will only sleep in his car seat. I tried to get him to sleep in his bassinet and then realized if I wanted him to rest and me to keep my sanity I had to let him sleep in his car seat. I know plenty of moms who have let their babies sleep in car seats, swings etc... for the first few months.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2010