How can I get them to listen?

My kids have been through so much when my husband was around. Now that he is no longer a part of our life, they feel freedom. No matter how much I tell them they do not listen to me. Help???

JustmeTiff222

Asked by JustmeTiff222 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have no idea what your story is, so I'm sorry in advance for anything that won't "fit."

Come up with expectations for your family, write them down. Call a family meeting and set the expectations up such as type of language, voice used, cleaning routines, whatever! Have clear consequences and rewards so they know exactly what to expect. Then you need to stick with it!

Good luck!
    MommaNoonoo

Answer by MommaNoonoo at 8:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• State your rules and consequences to them and then follow through each and every time. Good luck. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Each child has a "currency" which is the most important thing to them. Set up the rules........even put up a chart..........and tell them that you will take away those important things as punishment. (for a reasonable length of time) Be consistent and follow through each time. If they are old enough talk over the fact that they went through a lot with your husband around, but there are still rules for any family. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2010