Anyone Else Had a Back Fusion? (Screws in Back)

I had my surgery in the end of March. I've had a few weeks of therapy, and I feel a whole lot better. BUT, I'm still always sore and I'm so tired of it I've gotten myself depressed. Now I have to go have therapy on a bad shoulder, and it seems every morning I ache all over when I get up. Between my shoulder that had therapy, the one getting therapy and my back, I'm one BIG ACHE when I get up. Boo Hoo ME. Please don't bash me, I am just tired of not feeling good, and don't need anyone jumping on the band wagon so to speak. Thanks .

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• Pain causes depression, hon.....my daughter had 2 rods put in her back for scoliosis at 16...she is 24 now and suffers from pain every day....she fights depression....take care, hon, one day at a time.....((((hugs))))
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My husband had one 4 years ago and he also has a rod in his back and cadvar bones to replace the worn out ones. Heis in constant pain still and probably always will be
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I had a steel rod put in my back when I was 13 yrs old. I'm now 42, and my back bothers me everyday. They say I'll never get arthritis, but I don't know about that. I have read online that anyone that has ever had this done always has pain later in life. But I do understand your pain.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• ive never had this and i hope no one does bash you! my heart goes out to you sweetheart, ill be thinking of you when i say my healing prayers .. love and best wishes to you x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• btw do you know someone called caroline or something similar?
    san78

• I'm not sure what btw means, but I don't know a Caroline or similiar. Thanks for the prayers.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010