family member +miagrane

my dh thinks that whenever i get a headache or miagrane, i just need to get up and move around. ugh, it makes me so mad. bc usually if i have a miagrane i am so dizzy my balance is off. does ne1 esle have a family member that thinks that getting up and about will make u feel better all the time?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 8:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• No, getting up and about doesn't solve everything. But I do know that migraines can be debilitating. My mother had them for years until she went through the change of life. She had one many years ago that she had for nine days. The doctor never gave her anything strong enough to knock it out of her system. She has a high tolerance. It's a good thing that they come out with other things to help people with them now. I use to have them myself, I believe it is due to hormones.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Kick him in the nuts and make him get up and walk around. :D

Sorry, I do not have this problem...Good Luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Obviously, he has never had one otherwise he would know that the only thing you can do is lay down with the lights out with no noise if possible.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Boy, he really doesn't understand migranes. I need quiet, low light, and quiet..........2 excedrine and 1 Imitrex!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Even my hubby agreed with SleepingBeautee .... he has severe migraines that last for days/weeks.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• you should really talk with your doc more. I have had problems for years with migraines (20+) and I recently started taking a blood pressure med that has done miracles for me.

And hit your DH with a bat in the forehead. then he'll understand your need to lie down. Jack ass.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 9:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• he's a great man most of the time. this is just one of those things that irks me bc he never does nething when he's sick. and i am home w/ the kids all day long whether i feel good or not.

i've gotten miagranes she i was 13. but i dont have high blood pressure. i have med for it, but it knocks me out and i need to be awake and alert when i am here w/ just the kids. so this time around (bc of dh's schedule) i have had this miagrane for going on 3 days now and housework is piling up unfortunately.
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• no my mil suffers with migraines too .. she tends to lie down in a darken room gl x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Any movement at all makes it Worse!! I've had them for 31 years! Once I read to get up & Jump around will make it go away.. I can't do that! Who can? Whoever said that has never had them. I never would wish anything on anyone. Like Migraines & my Cancer Etc.. But just one migraine to anyone thinking they're All in your head and don't take 12-36 hours to leave.,. Should have one to see.. And then maybe you can get some sympathy, help, care and Quiet time! Wishing you the healing you need and deserve. Some patience, care, help, understanding and something to9 help you cope! Good Luck! Sending you my healing Well Wishes! I hope you feel better soon. I've had as many as 300 in one year! I've had one last 2 Weeks long until my DD drove me to the ER. Get Help & go in if its severe! Just think of Bret Michaels!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010