How do you deal with the pressures of in-laws always wanting to dig in your pockets?

TylerMonae

Asked by TylerMonae at 9:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you mean wanting money or wanting to know your financial business?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Both, my husband is in the army, and I am in the reserves, and they seem to think we have so much money. And his mom is always asking for more money since she has custody of his 4 year old girl, and we asked to get her, but at the time we both ended up getting deployed, and Im just recently coming back and he is still overseas.
    TylerMonae

Comment by TylerMonae (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Give her the money if she is caring for your child. I'm not sure she is digging in your pockets or if you are taking advantage of s situation. You sound selfish and ungrateful. While we as a country are thankful for your service, your attitude needs an adjustment in the positive way.
    Anonymous

• I used to feel that way about the situation, until I saw were the money was going. We have one son together that is one, and his two girls, and the one his mom has, recently she just said, that the other baby mom shouldn' t be asking for money, b/c she get enough, and she gets about the same amount, $15 less. And she ask for money and doesn't spend it on, what she says she will get, it goes to the Boat, were she loses it. I have given his mom over $3000, of my money in over a months time once.
    TylerMonae

Comment by TylerMonae (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I wish I knew. Right now we pay more than half of my MIL's house payment and still give her money each month. We bought her a car with no payments, but that wasn't good enough so she traded it in on a truck and now comes begging each month for us to make her truck payment. She is on a fixed income, but she wastes money and gives it away to and then comes begging to us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If she has custody maybe go to court and have a fixed amount support payment set so she can’t come asking for more. Or try to have other arrangements on custody issue.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2010