Any ideas?

So here is my problem.... I am 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant. About 2 weeks ago I started having very speratic contractions that I didn't think much of, I just figured they were braxton hicks. Well 3 days ago I started having much stronger contractions mixed with the lighter ones from before, well between the two feelings they were coming every couple of minutes. We ended up going to the hospital and sure enough Iwas having a conbo of the two but then the contractions themselves started spreading out so they sent me home with false labor...very frusterating. Well most of the day yesterday they stayed very speratic but then early afternoon they started getting much stronger and they were coming every 30 minutes like clockwork. So that is where things were when I went to bed last night. I woke up this morning and I wasn't feeling them at all. Well in mid-morning today they returned even stronger but farther apart again.

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 9:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry ran out of room...... So anyway they seem to come and go a lot and they are definalty getting stronger... is there some way that lying down or doing something could lessen how I feel them? Could I be having contractions and not knowing it? I could be totally wrong but I am just confused and frusterated! Any ideas or tips or anything would be appreciated! thansk
    ErinT

Comment by ErinT (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It's just not time yet. I'm waiting too... I've been in prodromal labor for weeks. Hang in there!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I had all that from 6 month on. Doc told me if I could talk through the contractions, it wasn't time. I was having contractions 5 minutes apart for weeks. The real ones will knock you on your butt. It is actually good that your having these. It gets you ready. At this point, your doc should be seeing you quite often to check this out.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'd guess it's just your body's way of getting ready, it's working up to the real thing... If they start and stop the hospital probably won't keep you. :( Have you tried walking, or anything to keep them going?
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I've tried just about everything! I guess it's just not time yet,
    ErinT

Comment by ErinT (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010