At what age did your baby stand independently?

My DD was 9 months when she started, and a few weeks later she was taking her first steps. DS is almost 10 months and still has no interest in standing alone. But he does stand while holding on to furniture, and walks along it.
:)

DancingRainbows

Asked by DancingRainbows at 9:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest was standing at 6 months, walking at 6 1/2
    My current youngest was standing around 7 months and walking around 8.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Both of mine were close to 14-15 months and not walking until 17 and 18 months respectively. They were considered to be at the very lat end of 'normal'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my oldest was about ten months, but my middle she was about six or seven. she learned everything really fast. she knew how to take a cd out of the player at one year.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my daugter was standing by herself at 8 months and walking by herself at 9 and a half months. :)
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• 10 months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• 1. 10 months boy
    2. 14 months boy
    3. 1o months girl
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• this is a guess. 10 or 11 months. she walked on her first birthday but would let go here and there before then but i have no memory on when she stook indepently. she did it on her own time. and now she is everywhere
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my son is nine months and is just starting to stand by hiimself!
    Jademarae

Answer by Jademarae at 11:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• He could pull up to a stand on things at 7 months, let go of things and stand or i could stand him i the middle of the floor and he would stand there independantly at 8 months, walked at 9 months 2 days, and could get up in the middle of the floor not holding anything and stand by himself shortly after he started taking steps, So 9.5 months at the latest. He has been able to stand with me holding his arms since literally before he was 2months old. I remembering showing th pedi he could do it at his 8 week appointment and asking her if it was ok to do :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He started standing on his own around 8 months... walking at 10 months.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010