Family roadtrip is ruined by rain!! Plz help!!

My SO, 2 yr old dd and myself were suppose to drive to San Francisco for a family trip from mon25th to fri29. But now it's looking like pouring rain the whole time!! We booked a hotel but it hasn't been charged yet until we actually check in. We have one week to plan an alternative and book hotel...I live in Los Angeles. We are so bummed that we have to chang everything but honestly we can't have fun in rain on vaca :(( I'm so sad. I looked up all the sights and planned our whole trip for nothing. Suggestions please!!!

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 9:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Travel

• Go anyway....have fun anyway....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Doesn't it always rain there this time of year? Buy some rain coats and umbrellas and go anyway.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• yeah thats why you have umbrellas and raincoats...you won;t melt go and have fun despite the rain
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Exactly what the PP's said - don't let rain spoil your vacation. Go anyway, and have fun!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Check the forecast...you should be able to see what the weather will be bringing to OTHER areas as well so look to where it will be nice in close proximity and go there. I hate rain too!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would go anyway. If you really don't want to drive and walk around in the rain, go East. Take him up to Sequoia and see the huge trees. Or go down to Joshua Tree.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oct is the rainy season in N. CA but it is so beautiful, go to Muir Woods, Sausilito, just have fun
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Look for children's museums - our favorite thing to do in bad weather!

Good luck.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010