Does anyone hav a fat pet?

I have a 20 lb cat. She looks huge because she is soo small framed. I've tried many things over the years to keep her thinner, but to no avail. I just let her be now, she's 14. Do you have a fat pet?

donnareedonLSD

Asked by donnareedonLSD at 9:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pets

• My fat boy Charlie Murphy is 15.5 pounds. I let him be. If he wants to be a fat cat, I just want him to be happy.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes, our cat is 16 pounds. It's all mostly in his belly though. When we first got him my mom questioned if it was really a boy and if he was pregnant! The vet wants him to lose a few pounds but it's kinda hard. He's indoors and doesn't really do anything.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My mom had a 20 pound cat and he lost 3 pounds in the last 2 years. She put him on a diet, he gets Science Det weight smart and gets fed the recommended amount for his weight. She also takes him outside for walks. The vet used to yell at her for his weight.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Our vet is more about pet happiness, I know that is rare. She doesn't say anything about his weight.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have a 10 lb chichuchu and one of her "full blooded" off spring weighs over 18 lbs.
    jasonsmommom

Answer by jasonsmommom at 9:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I use to have an 18 pound cat, my baby died shortly after I moved.... I dont think my family took care of him. I couldnt have the cat in base housing..
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have 2, 15 pound cats that are sisters. They are very healthy and the vet says they aren't worried about their weight because all their other tests come out great, so they are completely healthy other than being a little over weight. :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I used to have a fat beagle, he weighed 40 lbs at one point. I had to put him on a diet and he lost 11 lbs, that's a little more than 1/4 of his body weight!!! The vet told me to only give him 1 cup of dry food a day, so that is what I did, and had to stick to to keep his weight down. 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup in the evening.
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My cat was 25 lbs when I got him. He is now 15 lbs. We have had him for 6 years. When th e vet told me he was overweight, I stopped freefeeding him, and started feeding him Iams Weight Control and bought an automatic feeder that is programed to give a certian amount of food at a certian time each day twice a day.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 11:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I really don't like to call my baby "FAT" but........... she is a Little Chunky!LOL She is a Chi/Yorkie Mix & weighs 8 pounds- She is Happy & Healthy; that's all that matters to me:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010