Is there any single moms out there happier not married?

Or do you miss your ex-hubby? I feel like I wouldn't miss hI'm he's so rude and negative ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I was a single mom for 10 years and am now remarried and I think I'm just to much of my own person to be married....
    I prefer my freedom to be me with my kids and make my own rules as well as fun as I go, not have to answer to somebody else or to have the extra cost of an extra adult. Men are just a pain IMO, my mom always complained I was to independent I don't see a problem with it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• OH YEAH, much happier.
    I was together for 10, married for 9. about 7 of that 10 years was pure HELL. He cheated on me many times and then in the end had the audacity to make a huge deal about me walking out, when i told him either step up and be a husband or im gone. It has been both good and bad this last year and a half, (still married, but i filed for divorce in feb 09) And there are times where i have dreams or miss him.
    It hurts to see the kids hurting and fighting over the kids. I hate who hes become. We are so much better off and when i get in one of those moods i remind myself what it was like when we were "faking it".
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm much happier being divorced from my ex. He is a horrible person. I do enjoy freedom just doing my own thing with my kids, but I feel like its time for me to start dating again. I really miss the companionship that I've felt with men in the past.. never with my ex husband.. lol but other ex's. I feel like theres nothing wrong with being open for a relationship, I do want to be married and have a mommy and daddy household one day (I want at least one more kid =-)) but I'm definitely not rushing into anything. If that makes any since. lol I love my freedom and alone time but it gets old sometimes.
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 12:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I was happy when I left my ex because I was in an unhappy marriage for 16 years (with him for 18 years all together) and loved that I could be my own person and not have to conform to his way for everything (he tried to change me in every way possible) and I could just be me and be accepted and loved for who I was as myself. Now new hubby loves me just as I am, does not try to change anything about me and it's a great feeling to have that.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 12:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010