Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

we will be going to court for child support in a few months...

if i want my DDs Dad to stay away and not see her until its ordered by the court, will that bite me in the ass? does it look bad to a judge? FYI the baby daddy has spend a month or so in jail lately for drugs and DUI charges, hes a jerk to me, he didnt talk to me my whole pregnancy and still says he wants a paternity test, and today he came over to see her and he was intoxicated...she is 13 weeks old...i want him to stay away until someone tells me i HAVE to let him see this a bad decision?


Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 17 (3,863 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • 1. Document everything
    2. Do not tell the judge anything about him being rude to you. The judge does not care about you or your relationshipnwith him or your break up.
    3. Tell the judge that he is a drug user and a dunk and unsafe. Stick to only facts. The judge will listen. You can print up his arrest and incarceration record from your county website and bring that to court.
    4. Don't talk a lot in court. The less you say, the more the judge will listen.

    Answer by ecodani at 1:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • No it's not a bad decision. It's smart and no judge will look down on you. Explain to them he kept showing up intoxicated and you were just protecting your daughter

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • i hope u called and had the police document his intoxication. u r doing what u need to do --protecting your baby. but take advantage of whatever miss-steps he takes so u have the proof u need to backup yr good decision when u r in court. it is the best way to get what u need from the court system.. good lucK!

    Answer by emily1234 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • you need to document everything. Keep a journal with the dates of "contact" with him. It will be easier to refer back if you have it written down :) good luck

    Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • you need to keep notes of everytime hes said hes coming and hasnt, have proof of his behavor towards you, and his state of mind when he does come to visit. If he wants the test and you know 100% positivly no doubt in your mind that your baby is his, than get it! Been there and when the test come back pos, the stat steps in asap and then 99% of the time the court takes the most suitable parents side(mommy). good luck!

    Answer by adyssonsmommy at 11:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • everything ecodani said! document document document. And if anyone else witnessed hin on drugs or drunk while he came to see her have them write a statement for you.

    Answer by joscelyne at 2:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2010