If you found out your child had been molested, would you allow them to speak to police or doctors without you in the room?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i would some times they speak out more with out parent being present
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Maybe in a room with a huge oneway mirror.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Hell no! you better with them all the time. I would just stand behind them so they can speak freely.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 9:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• it depends on the age of the child and if they wanted to, but generally speaking , yes
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No I want to be in the room with them. I'm sure they are scared and they need someone familiar with them so they know they aren't the ones in trouble.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Ohhhh that's a tough one!! I think I would if it were one of those rooms where it has the "mirror" in it so I could watch the whole thing. Makes me sad to even think about!!! :o(
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'd ask my child if they wanted me in their or not. If not then I would respect their wishes but let them know I'm here for them. They might just be more comfortable talking to what happened to them without their parents present. I know having to talk about what happened to me as a little girl was uncomfortable in front of my mom.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• tough one. It would be up to my child. But i would want to know all that is being said, so there better be a one way mirror or a tape recorder being used.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No way. After my child had been through so much I would not abandon them, which is how it would feel to the child.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010