should an 1 year old have a birthday party "party" or just keep it simple with cake and ice cream

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• it depends on your situation. I have alot of family out of state. actually most of my family is out of state. so what i did was had my family have a small intimate party with us. this included my brother and nephews and aunt and grandmother and little cousin. and then we just spend the weekend there and then on the day of her birthday we went to dinner. it was just me and my mom that day. i was going back and forth about a party but i had a big baptism and i couldn;t afford it. it was just perfect. so whatever you do it will be the right thing. i know people that have big parties and i know people that do not. just as long as you have a good time that is all that matters. happy birthday to your little one!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• we didnt have a huge party for my dd 1st bday, we had my brother in law and his 3 kids and my other brother in law and his 4 kids, then we had her grandparents
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• oo and it was at the park with pizza and cake thats it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I thing you should at least do something with family you always get something you need at the party like dippers or slothes, and alot of people like to see them eat their first cake. my son is about to turn ! and I have to go somewhere besides my house becuase so many people want to go come to his party. just plan it as big as as many people are comeing and even than you can still make it simple.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• simple.. cake ice cream.. friends and family.. and some sort of entertainment for the kids.. bubbles... big bouncy balls.. etc whatever they like..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010