Hard to work while Pregnant

When I m pregnant I cant stand in lines or get crowded with people or stand for a long time. WHen I do I start gettin really hot, dizzy and blacking out. does anyone know why that happens or has it happen to anyone I really wish I knew why it happened and what I can do about it cuz I cant even work anywhere unless Im sitting and I need to work so if anyone knows wut im talking about please let me know thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DEPENDING ON HOW FAR ALONG YOU ARE, THE BABY CAN STIMULATE THE VAGAL NERVE. ALTHOUGH THIS USUALLY DOES NOT HAPPEN UNTIL LATER IN THE PREGNANCY. BLACKOUTS ARE NOT NORMAL EARLY ON, AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE TESTED FOR DIABETES OR HYPOTENSION (LOW BLOOD PRESSURES). TALK TO THE DR. ASAP
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 3:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• well, you would need to discuss that with your dr. are you a diabetic? or taking your prenatals? could also be you have high blood pressure. I have been working as a nurse aid that is non-stop, on your feet, lifiting, bending and with only an hour break - and I'm 35 weeks still goin strong. kinda just gotta bite the bullet and work if its what you want to do - and if its ok from your dr. i'm also a work freak as i train horses, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• that happens tome i thought i was the only one... happened the first time too .. my dr said i was low in a vitamin .. make sure you are taking your prenatals and drink lots and lots of water and juice .. thats what my dr told me
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Have you been tested for anemia? It's pretty common in pregnant women. That's EXACTLY what happened when I was pregnant. I fainted at work once...embarrassing! I also almost did it in the mall too and had to sit right down in the middle of the store!! But once I started taking my iron supplements regularly it went away. When you're pregnant all your iron focuses on the baby therefore leaving you with less to carry your white blood cells (which carry oxygen) to your brain and if you don't get enough oxygen to your brain you black out! LOL Anemia 101 for the day. I learned a lot while pregnant!! Anyways, talk to your doctor cuz that's what it sounds like!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2008