eggs?

what's the difference between a white egg and a brown egg?

Elizabeth1015

Asked by Elizabeth1015 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• There is no difference in nutritional value. The different colors of eggs are made by different varieties of hens. I'm very into natural living and am also fairly sure that the above answer (about the white eggs being painted) is incorrect. It all depends on the color of the hen, it has nothing to do with being painted.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I know that some people think that the brown ones are healthier but I'm not sure that's true. My parents had chickens that did both white and brown the only difference that I can think of is just the different type of chicken.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• All I can think of is a local jingle: "brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh"
    MamiofTwins0813

Answer by MamiofTwins0813 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• From what I understand, they are the same on the inside.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• white eggs at the store have been painted so they appeal to average american. farm fresh eggs vary in shade from ivory to deep beige with discolorations and imperfections.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 5:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I'm a farm kid and to this day I think that brown eggs taste MUCH better!! To me I think that the yolks are stronger tasting.
    But to be honest it has more to do with what you feed the hens..we had sep. pens for those that got table scraps and those that didn't. The iones that did get the table scraps..ie: onions garlics everything had eggs that had those flavors and we not suitable for baking...*whrugs*
    mamaswholub

Answer by mamaswholub at 10:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• the color. that's the only one.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2008