I am almost about a week late for my period, and i have taken about 4 pregnancy test and all have come back negative, what is up with that?

My period is irregular, but i have never gone past 33 days and today is day 33 and still nothing!

Help-Please

Asked by Help-Please at 10:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since the tests are still showing up negative. I would call your ob/gyn and make an appointment. They can do a blood test and u/s to see if your pregnant. It could be a hormone imbalance or something else.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thanks so much!!
    Help-Please

Comment by Help-Please (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Sometimes it can be stress or that your cycle is changing. That happened to me once before.
    TeeHas3

Answer by TeeHas3 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Could be due to ovulating late, or you could be stressing yourself out about being late?
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I know the home tests can work this early, but waiting until you are 10 days late might get the best results. If it's still negative and you still haven't started your period, call your doctor for the blood test.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Call you doc for a blood test. Good Luck.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ith my most recent pregnancy I took a test the 1st sat in january 2010 and it was negative, then the 2nd sat inn jan 2010 I took another and it said positive, then I took 2more that answered the same. I wasnt even late, if youre like me and just have that feeling you should visit your ob and have blood work done. Its very important to take a prenatel vitamin, but even more important to take them the first few weeks of pregnancy.
    adyssonsmommy

Answer by adyssonsmommy at 11:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• just as a precaution you should look up "undetectable pregnancy" and "i didnt know i was pregnant" im on my 5th pregnany 4th child i misc. an undetectable at the age of 17 at 8 weeks along and this time i didnt know til about 7 months (today im 33 weeks) i have had 15 negative urine tests and 2 very light positives and even my blood test was negative
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Okay thanks a bunch! I would like to add that the last day of my first period was Sept 13 and I was ovulating the week of Sept 27-30, and i didnt have unprotected sex until the week after that, using the pull out method, but there were 2 times i dont think he pulled out in time, Could it still be possible for me to get pregnant that way? I do have 2 other children and the HPT came back positive with them real soon, like a week to two weeks late!!
    Help-Please

Comment by Help-Please (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010