My husband owns and works at a barber shop. He now wants to rent a booth out to a female beautician. I don't know. Am I over reacting.

I understand that he wants to make more money for the family, but why not hire some more barbers?

TeeHas3

Asked by TeeHas3 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I think I would have a problem with it, even though it is irrational. I know it's not right.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It depends on your husband. If you do not trust him, it won't matter if he rents to a female or a male.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It's a great way to bring in new customers.. they come in to get their makeup done and they end up getting a cut and style as well. Also could bring in wedding parties as well

i think its a great idea,

and you should let off and talk with you hubby about your concerns
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thanks you guys for the wonderful advice
    TeeHas3

Comment by TeeHas3 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with that. I would encourage it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• A lot of men like a stylist. My sister did hair for years and alot men came to her. Would you be as upset if your husband just worked in a shop and the owner hired a stylist? Has your husband given you reason not to trust him? If the answer to those questions is no, I would say you are over reacting.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't understand the issue here. Many people prefer a woman to a man, and having a woman on staff will open up the shop to more business - I know I would never let a man touch my hair! If you honestly distrust your husband so much that you don't want him to hire someone to work in his shop simply because she's a woman, then it seems you have bigger issues than his business choices!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• will hun iam sorry dont know what to tell you.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Being honest, hell no that wouldn't work for me. Why even invite temptation? What if you had a salon and wanted to hire a male? I bet hubby wouldn't like it, i'd put my foot down.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't mind and it might bring in more customers:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2010