Whats it like?

I read a post about the Mucous Plug that caught my interest.. I am reading up on it and i also want some insight from others... is the M.P always bloody or can it just be a snotty like blob???

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine was like a snot ball... yuck, right? lol It was probably 3 weeks before I had my baby though. Keep in mind they can "grow" back.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It isn't always bloody.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Never saw mine. On some women it doesn't come out until your having contractions at the hospital. Or you don't even notice it when you go to the bathroom. According to my OB GYN, it really doesn't tell you much. Just be patient. You're body will do what it's supposed to when it's ready. 40 weeks is NOT overdue. It's a midpoint. After 42 weeks, you can be technically overdue, and plenty of women give birth at 43 or even 44 weeks. Unless there's a problem, let your body do it's thing.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• mine just looked like a blob of clear snot. both times. no blood or anything.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Im pretty sure never bloody. I know your bloody show is like alot of bloody snot. I dont ever remember losing my mucas plug.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I gave birth twice and never saw/noticed mine.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not always bloody.
    It can sometimes be all clear.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Mine wasn't bloody. It came out in clumps. It is pretty gross stuff
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I started losing pieces of mine about a week before labor started. They were not bloody at all, and I asked my doctor and nurses about it, and they confirmed that it's not ALWAYS bloody, but most of the time it is if you lose the whole thing (or most of it) all at once. I didn't lose the whole thing until my doctor broke my water at about 6cm. It was bloody, but not really bad.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2010