Religion adult content

I meet this amazing family, I got really close to them during the summer, and I fell for their son. I am really interested in their religion. Here the issue, their religion is not totally different from mine. I am Catholic and they non-denominational Christians. But, my family are totally Catholic, I want to see what their religion like if I like it, no matter what the out come is between me and their son, I might want to join. But whenever I try to bring it up to my parents, more my dad, he puts me down. I do feel like I am cheating on my religion but I know I am not. I just need some advise.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok this is the thing....
    I want to ask you what do you want to join? The family of God and build a relationship with Jesus or the religion ? There is a HUGE difference! One is freeing and one is not.
    I am a non denominational Christian :-) I received His Love and His Grace when I asked Jesus to be in my life and heart forever more! (I did not do a sinners prayer which is not even in the bible anyway, I did what the bible said, I believed in my heart and confessed that Jesus is Lord and then I repented of my sins. I became an eternal member of the Family of God. ( I am not talking about my church inside the building family but my entire family which is the body of Christ. I do not believe churches should ever have memberships to join their church. That is religion. My church family the first day you come in you are part of that family.. you are "IN" the Kingdom! :-) So you need to decide what you really want... and con
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You are an adult and can make your own religious decisions. I would check it out. See if you like it.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I personally think that religious exploration is always a good thing. You will either find something that is a better fit for you or you will become more secure in your current beliefs.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Non-denominational Christian, is just "Catholic light"
    I've dated devout Catholics, just eliminate mass, confession, saints, Latin, kneeling and the guy preaching in a dress and you have non-denominational Christians. It's the same God and the same story, non-denominational Christianity is just easier on the knees and back.

Religion is just a label.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• You're a grown woman. Nothing wrong with exploring other religions. It's not like you're becoming a satanist or something!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• and then you need to make choices for you and God ... What your dad is reacting to is what the enemy doesnt want is finding that deep relationship with Christ. It is called spiritual control. You need to listen to the voice of God and follow that voice. Just encouraging you to stand for you and choose for you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Religion is a personal thing, no one but you can decide what is the right path for you... That includes your parents. If you check this path out and it turns out to be the right one for you, then it's where you should be, if it turns out not to be the right one for you, then stay where you are. But only you can make that choice. Personally, I wouldn't ever talk to my family about that kind of thing, you're a grown up and don't need their okay

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Talk to his family and see about going to church with them one day. I changed my religion and none of my family knows about it because I just didnt want to hear it. It is what is right for me and I dont need my family putting me down for my decision.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Christian is christian is christian. Not like you are leaving Christianity.

Just tell them you are an adult and will choose for yourself which path you will take and that there is NOTHING wrong with learning about other denominations.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think it's good to understand and explore other faiths and religions. This can often help you understand your own beliefs better. At a certain point in your life your going to have to make your own decisions.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010