How to tame your mother

Iv been helping out a friend who just had surgry. Iv only been here for about a week in a half and for some reason my mom thinks that she can take care of herseld and I can come home. she has two small children and a husband that works during the eavning while the kids are at school and Im not sure how to tell my mother that she needs me more.

EliasMommyDec09

Asked by EliasMommyDec09 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• The only way to tame my mother is to drop a house on her! ;)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Why does your mother care? Is she watching your kids while you take care of your friend? I would just tell her that your friend just had surgery and still needs help. You just have to tell her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Unless your mom is watching your children, don't worry about it. Tell her that your friend still needs help. If she is watching your children then it might be time for your friend to get help somewhere else.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• She is not careing for any of my children somtimes she seams a little controlling. I have told her that my friend still needs help and she still bugs me about coming home. I understand that she misses her GS but still what if I wasent living with her she would still miss it.
    EliasMommyDec09

Comment by EliasMommyDec09 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Do what feels right to you. God bless you for helping your friend.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I had a very controlling mother also and finally had to put her in her place and let her know that I was the one in control of my life and she had no say in anything I did. You need to set her straight. Even if it means pissing her off. It was well worth it to me when I finally told my mom how it was going to be.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Maybe your moms a little jealous? Try telling her that if it were her in your friend's shoes, you'd be right there beside her caring for her too.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 4:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010