family drama ?

big fight with in laws back in May ... i have tried trxting and sending emails with no reponse .... so i tried again today and wel still nothing .... so i texted my sil and said Gee wish i could stay mad at people as long as you do ... just saying .. Love you ... how mean was that ?

tweetyfan

Asked by tweetyfan at 11:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it was mean, but you have no control over how she reacts. that's along time for people to be mad, it must of been a doozy.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• is there a reason you're not actually contacting them personally such as face to face or via phone if they're not available locally? this seems just as bad as breaking up via text, don't you think? perhaps if you address the matter as a mature adult who is capable of admitting fault and reaching out to others in a genuine way you might get a better response.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Not mean at all, you were being honest.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• not as mean as them ignoring u. show up on their door step and see what they have to say then
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I dont think you were being mad...but I think when you say something like that they just feel they have won..I would just exnor them and move all why waste time on them ..you will miss out on all the good things around you because your mind is to busy trying to change the way they feel or think ..they are missing out! not you!! GL
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes it was a doozy .... LOL well mil hasnt been involved much or at all with my kids .. so she got mad when she didnt get a ticket to sit on the feild for my daughters High school graduation .. long story .. but she said that cause my dad (step) but has been in my life since i was 3 . shouldnt have got a ticket she should have ... but yet the woman has been invited to softball games . band stuff and all sort of stuff . but wouldnt drive 20 minutes to watch her granddaughter play her last softball game ... didnt come to my son's graduation . my son was in a car wreck (race car) got taken to the hositpal . she stay at the races.. didnt even call to check on him. my daughter went to Boot camp(Navy) waited 3 weeks to even ask my hubby for her address ... my mom and dad drove 5 hours for band trips since she ws in 8 grade .they went to most of the band stuff .and the reason am not doing it face to face is cause sil wants to kick ..
    tweetyfan

Comment by tweetyfan (original poster) at 5:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sounds like you have done all you can...balls in their court.....at this point just love them from a distance and don't make any more contact...it could be that you contacting them is feeding into their sense of "needing the drama and being right"....What you said to SIL wasn't mean, just showed your hurt....that's okay....nothing wrong with that...You cannot MAKE them talk to you, and at this point it's their power....so don't contact them and they lose their sense of power and hopefully will miss you eventually and want to mend things...in the meantime....just pray for them, live your life, and hope for the best...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2010