SO HOW MUCH MONEY COULD OBAMA HAVE?

EVERYDAY I GET SOME SORT OF PAMPHLET OR POSTCARD FROM OBAMA, ALREADY THREE TIMES SOMEONE HAS COME TO MY HOUSE TO GIVE ME INFO AND ASK ME WHO I AM LEANING TOWARDS... ON TOP OF THAT I KEEP GETTING CALLS ASKING THE SAME QUESTION AND/OR ASKING IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I EVEN GOT A CALL FROM MICHELLE OBAMA (PRE-RECORDED OF COURSE) !! I DIDN'T STAY ON TO LISTEN BECAUSE I...WELL...I JUST CAN'T ANYMORE. IS HE PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS, OR ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE VOLUNTEERING (I DOUBT IT). I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN ELECTION LIKE THIS. THIS OF COURSE IS ON TOP OF ALL THE EMAIL I AM GETTING FROM PEOPLE FOR MCCAIN, WHICH IS CAUSING ME TO NOT EVEN THINK OF OPENING MY EMAIL...ANYWAY, SO HOW MUCH MONEY COULD OBAMA HAVE AND WHERE IS HE GETTING IT FROM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think people that are helping support his campaing donate money for all of that. I've gotten all of this stuff from every election though. This time i really haven't gotten anything about obama. .
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well, Anon. It probably has more to do with your location than how much money Obama has. I don't get postcards or knocks on my door from either party because my state and especially my district is decided. They spend their money where it will matter the most, swing states and the communities in those states where people are likely to be undecided.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 3:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• YUP! THAT'S WHY. BOTH HIM AND MCCAIN HAVE COME TO THIS LITTLE TOWN OUT IN THE COUNTRY ABOUT TWICE EACH. MUST BE A SWING STATE! DUH...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• AND THIS LITTLE TOWN IS NEEDED TO HELP WIN IN THIS STATE...UUGGGHHH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Obama has raised over three times more campaign money than McCain has...and he has spent over four times more than McCain. I don't know about Obama or McCain but if I were a presidential candidate who was talking about how I would make the world a better place during the up and coming term, I would put some of those millions of campaign dollars to action by donating to charities or organizations that are devoted to bettering the lives of Americans....ya know, put my money where my mouth is and prove to the nation that I'm not "all talk".

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 4:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• We volunteer. Both candidates have volunteers that do alot of work.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I've heard more from the McCain campaign than the Obama one. It all depends on where you live, and how the polls say each one is doing in that state.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 7:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Put a NO OBAMA Pamphlets SIgn on your front door helps... As a Conservative living in a battleground state, I understand. Of course we played "Stump" the Obama Volunteer", one day when we were working in the yard. And that was quite fun. Ask him/her what about Obama's plan doesn't reflect socialism? How does Obama plan to cut taxes, when he has voted more times TO RAISE taxes, then he has to lower them? Wouldn't raising the Corporate Tax hurt American Economy? Then, ask "If Obama has so much money in his campaign, why isn't he donating it to a inner city orphanage" Wouldn't that be the "fair" thing to do? After that, you kinda get taken off the list.  ::wink::

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• We volunteer for Obama, and we've given him the maximum amount of money allowable for his campaign. He's getting his money from people like me. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The people volunteer. I signed up to vote through some website which is sponsored by Obama's camp and now I get a million emails from them begging for money and asking me to volunteer my time, lol. they want me to call people and tell them to vote for Obama, too. It was kind of funny at first (I am voting for Obama) but now it's just irritating because it is clogging my inbox. I was tempted to donate $10, though, because they said I get a magnet in exchange and I collect magnets...how kitschy.
    Other then that I haven't had one person contact me about voting. Not even out precinct captain. Usually he is out getting people to register but not once this year (the entire year).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2008