Exactly what would happen/change if the republicans win a majority in the senate?

I'm not politically-savvy by any means, so please don't bash me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's funny , but nothing mentioned will actually help us right now, All they can talk about is cutting spending, because that is all they have to talk about. They say cut spending, I would like everyone that thinks that to tell me where would you cut spending. When Obama took over we were losing oer 700,000 jobs a month. We had to spend to stop this from continuing. We bailed out GM and guess what it worked millions of jobs were saved and they are profiting, and we have seen payed back. The stimulus saved millions of jobs, and 40% of it went to tax cuts for the middle class. The say cut spending, in reality the stimulus wasn't enough. Without it the experts agree unemployment would be up to 13%.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• At the very least i'm hoping the crazy spending will stop.I would also love to see alot of O's bs policies overturned.I do not expect everything to suddenly be all bright and shiney by any means..but hopefully it will a start to improvement..Americans will still have to pay attention and speak when needed though.I am also sure it will take YEARS to clean the RINOS out of the pub party.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Wow fiagro thats how tons of Americans have been feeling since Jan 08
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm not really sure that anything will really change. Politicians are in it for themselves, so they do what benefits them. However, I believe most people hope that the Republicans will stop the insane spending spree primarily.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Not too far off, not too hard to believe, Anon...sadly enough.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• First thing they will stop the democrats out of control spending, and stop Obama's march toward socialism.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• What has it done for OUR benifit I mean..nevermind the unions ..all of the paybacks recieved from all of us taxpayers..and our children and grandchildren...

HUM..i'll get pissed if I keep thinking about THAT
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't think we'll really see much in the way of major changes that will actually help the average person. They are politicians and the ones' that pay the most into their pockets are the one's who will get the consideration when it comes to what bill will affect who and how. The only thing I can think of is that they will do their very best to keep the tax cuts in place for the wealthy and the huge corporations using the rationale that doing so will cause them to create jobs and hire people......they don't much care WHERE they create those jobs or hire those people, and it usually ends up over-seas these days, ....they'll still say..."see it worked"....but a lot of folks here will still be struggling and losing jobs.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• There will be less spending, they will try to repeal some of the programs that Obama has put into place. No they are not going to cut off benefits to the poor, they will be the same as they have always been. But I believe Obama care will be repealed as 70 percent of Americans do not want that program. And it's not because they are against health care reform, it's because Obama care is not specific in it's legal definition and it costs money that we just do not have. Things will be more balanced
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We will be better off because we won't have the same party in control of 2 branches of government at the same time. Just as pubs should never run the senate under a pub president, dems should never have it under a dem president. Bottom line - Dems will have to start including ALL the members of the dem party when they write legislation to get ALL their votes, instead of writing off the ones that aren't fully left swinging as not important. When their own party tells them to stop spending so much, they have to listen. Instead of being the party of the fiscally liberal + a dozen guys with common sense that the fiscally liberal attempt to marginalize every chance they get, they'll have to deal with reality. If they don't they'll never get enough votes to compensate when they can only sway Olympia Snowe to jump ship.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010