has any one ever had a litter of puppies?

my dog ladybell is going to have her puppies soon.

ladybug36519

Asked by ladybug36519 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pets

• I am a dog breeder - what do you want to know ? Get a human rectal thermometer and start taking her temperature twice a day around day 60 after she was bred (if you know when that was, or now if you don't). Regular dog temp is 102, pregnant dog temp is around 100. It will go down to 98 within 24 hours of when she will whelp (give birth). I never let my girls be alone when they have their puppies - too many things can go wrong with the process, the puppies, or momma. If you are really nervous about it, call the vet and let them know you are expecting puppies so they can be ready in case you need them. Most vets will also whelp them for you if you need them to.

You can private mail me if you want - Jen.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 4:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• And then fix her after this. There are far too many unwanted, unplanned puppies in shelters...thanks for adding to that.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Nope, All of mine have been spayed. I don't believe in adding to the population of unwanted animals.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I ahve never had a litter of puppies before, but when I was a kid, my dog did. She had 7 in all. It was fun having them around and watching them grow. I don't remember much about the experience.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 11:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• to acid ,we plan on getting her fixed.and we are going to make sure the puppies gi to good loveing homes if not i will keep them all.
    ladybug36519

Comment by ladybug36519 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No way! Mine are spayed/neutered! I have a 4yr old female Sheltie and a 2yr old male Sheltie. The female was spayed at 6mos and the male was neutered at 8mos.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010