Im nursing my 3rd baby, and Im having so flow issues....

Ive noticed that when shes nursing from my right shes really guzzling and gulping, sometimes even getting choked, the right breast has a really strong heavy flow. My left only has like 3slow streams. Is there anything I can do, its getting really difficult to see her constantly struggle with this!?

adyssonsmommy

Asked by adyssonsmommy at 11:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have same issue. Try pumping for a few min or so.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Try starting her on the left more frequently to stimulate that side more.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Do you have a clog? Or a partial clog?

I had a half blocked duct where the milk came out but DD really had to work. Then one day, the clog csme out and BOOM much more milk.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I suggest the pumping too, Are you a member of any of the nursing groups on cafe mom? if not you should join they helped me alot when I was nursing and they have experts that answer questions too =-) Good luck mama
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 2:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• www.kellymom.com , Search overactive letdown. I had this with DD, she would gulp, choke, pull off, was super gassy. It's pretty easy to compensate for- I found that just reclining so she was more on top of the breast helped slow the flood down until she was big enough to cope with it and the flow regulated a little. And it's actually also very normal for you to have one breast that produces more for one reason or another, either they just do or it's b/c baby prefers that side- my left side was like that, always made much more than the right.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010