what are some things i need to def. pack in my hospital bag for me and the baby when i go into labor?

Summer0321

Asked by Summer0321 at 3:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i packed so much stuff to go to the hospital then when i got there i didnt use anything but an outfit to go home in for me n baby n shampoo, conditioner, tooth brush n my camera.
    haileysmommy017

Answer by haileysmommy017 at 3:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Definitely pack shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste and toothbrush...the stuff they provide in the hospital sucks. And make sure you don't forget your camera!! An outfit for baby to go home in. I packed comfy slippers and nightclothes too. I also packed snacks, especially for the people that were in the room with me. You don't need a whole lot....I also packed a change of clothes for my boyfriend....
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Packing check list
    # Your medical records and birth plan.
    # Cosmetics bag, including soap and shampoo.
    # Sanitary towels.
    # Underwear.
    # Dressing gown and slippers.
    # Change of clothes.
    # Nursing bra.
    # Medication.
    # Camera and film for photos.
    # Change for phone and TV cards.
    # CDs or tapes of music.
    # Books, magazines or puzzle books.
    # Clothes and nappies for your newborn.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• a outfit for your baby, brush, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, camera. Anything else that you think that you may need put in a seperate bag and SO can bring it up if you decide that you need it. With all 3 of my kids I had so many people bring stuff up to the hospital that we didn't need anything else.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Clothes for you and the baby, toiletries, stuff to do. I brought a few books and some logic problems. :-)
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 8:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You really don't need as much as they put on those 'what to pack' lists. I only used basic toiletries (they will help you fell human again once you are allowed to shower), outfit for you and the baby to go home in, and some slippers or socks to wear in your room. I wouldn't even bother with nightgowns because the hospital ones are made to get bloody and milky and such. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Bring your list of phone numbers for people you want to call. You may have them programmed into your cell phone, but you may not be able to use it in the hospital.
    mysweetalex

Answer by mysweetalex at 9:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Your insurance card, toiletries, a few nightgowns, underwear, maxi pads (unless your hospital provides them) slippers and a robe,a comfy outfit for you to wear home, a camera, and for baby a car seat, outfit to go home. If you will be in a few days you might want to bring a book or the baby birth announcements so you have something to do.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• 1. comfortable clothes for yourself
    2. toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, and soap
    3. an outfit for the baby - make sure you have either mittens or nail clippers too! (or the baby will scratch up his/her face)
    4. a camera!
    5. carseat for going home
    6. wallet/purse with money/credit card (if you want to buy the hospital pictures)
    7. if you're nursing, bring nursing pads and bras!

the hospital should provide the rest (pads, diapers, lanolin if you're nursing, baby shampoo, and blankets)
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 10:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Every hospital is different so pack more than enough just to be on the safe side... heres some stuff off the top of my head...

-extra underwear(comfortable ones)
    - extra pads(biggest u can find)
    -extra comfy pjs
    -going home outfit for you
    -going home outfit for baby(2 sizes depending on babys size)
    -blankets and coat for baby if its cold
    -slippers
    -snacks(late night)
    -something to suck on(hard candies)
    -book
    -wallet, purse
    -bras... nursing pads if your breastfeeding
    -breastpump(if your pumping)
    -camera and or camcorder(take lots of pictures, you will never get these 1st moments back and they are soooo special and wonderful)
    baby mittens
    -carseat
    -toiletries(tooth brush, tooth paste, hairbrush, hair product,makeup, shampoo/conditioner, lotion, body spray...)
    -socks
    -cell phone (to call everyone and send pix)
    thats all I can think of righ
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2008