Best 40th birthday ideas for hubby? PLEASE HELP!!

I rented a room at a cool restaurant, that's all I have so far. Are there any games or traditions? I am NOT a party thrower but I need this to be fantastic!

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• How about a "Memory & Picture Board"? You enlist the help of his parents, siblings, cousins, aunts & uncles etc, & have them give you any old or current photos that they have of your hubby from birth to the present, & then write a short story that they recall of him with them. the story doesnt have to match the photo(s) they give you. Buy some poster board, glue that to a larger sturdier board that you can set up on an easel, & attach the pictures & stories on the board in chronological order.. My brother did that for his GF's 40th surprize birthday party, & it was hilarious seeing all the old pictures of her from infancy; all the way up to homecoming, prom, etc. you can do it with just the pictures as well. Your hubby will always have it as a keepsake & can enjoy the walk down memory lane everytime he looks at it. One thing you want to tell anyone who gives you a photo? that they wont be able to get it back. Have fun!
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 4:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• just bring things that you knew that it is he's favorites like his favorite food...a card or something..anything that is from your heart i think your hubby will be really happy...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• What I did for my ex for one of his birthdays (before he was my ex of course LOL) was get in touch with the group of guys he used to work with and get them all together for a guys night out so they could catch up on things. They hadn't hung out together since they left the job they were at together and it was a lot of fun for them. For new hubby, I surprised him with a new gas grill one year and he said it was the best birthday surprise he'd ever gotten because our old grill was shot and he loves to grill out and didn't think we could afford to get a new one. This was before we were married, so my money was pretty much still my money, so he didn't know I was splurging until after I did ;-)
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2010