what would you do If you had a male friend that you were very close to as platonic friends but you knew he has a thing for you?

I have a good friend that I really enjoy talking to and once in a while hang out with. We have been friends for a while and are very compatible in a lot of ways. The thing is I know he has a thing for me and I am slightly attracted to him. I don't want to ruin our friendship and I definitely don't want to cause any extra problems in his relationship. Any advice?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• First off the whole thing about a relationship at the end, if he is already in one then you need to stand back till he figures out what he wants. If not the go for it, sounds like you both like each other and it is possible to still be friends if it doesn't work and you ended on good terms.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well If he knows that you know that he has a thing for you, and if you liked him you guys could always try a relationship. They say that the people who are friends befor they have a relationship is the ons that last.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• try a relationship if you feel the same way. if not just keep with the friendship and set fine lines.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• That's just it countrygirl, he is in a relationship and there is a young teen involved (not hers but he lives with them) My children are young adults and on their own now (23 and 27) and as he explains he is having a rough time with the boy.
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010