How do you get your laundry to smell soooo good?

You know when you are around somebody and their clothes smell soo good? How do you get that? My laundry never keeps that good smell! :(

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 11:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Gain Apple Mango Tango or Snuggle Pomegranate Fabric Softener work well.
    I used to use the fancy Downy scents too....some of them smell really good!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• even when I use the fabric sheets, the smell only lasts for about an hour then they are regular old clothes again, lol! do you think it has to do with my cheap-o dryer?
    TXColter

Comment by TXColter (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm not sure. I don't use dryer sheets. I use the liquids.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I use Tide for detergent, then the Snuggle Exhilarations for fabric softener, and I put it in a Downy ball. It makes my laundry smell SO good. :)

Another thing that works is just using Purex Baby. I started using it just on my son's clothes, and it has added fabric softener. His laundry always smelled so good that I started using it on mine sometimes too.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't think the dryer sheets do the trick. I'd try adding liquid fabric softener while you're washing the clothes. Downy balls are only a couple of dollars and you just fill them up and throw it in with the laundry. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use purex and borax in the wash and Bounce dryer sheets. For me the dryer sheets are the key. I've tried liquid and they really don't have much effect with our clothes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use Purex. The scent is Fresh Rain. I love it.
    MountainMomma3

Answer by MountainMomma3 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use Charlie's Soap, which doesn't have a smell. No dryer sheets either. It all leaves a residue in your clothing. During the nice months I dry as much as I can outside. I even hang stuff our if I did dry in in the dryer. I do the same in the winter sometimes with sheets and blankets. Just to get that crisp smell. (I do admit, I miss the smell of lavender downy)
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 1:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Downey
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use Purex Naturals, all the scents smell so good and fresh and clean, not like chemicals at all.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2010