My son is being bullied, how can i protect him without making it worse.

Took my son to a fall party tonite and i thought that all the kids were getting along, but then i looked up and seen my son sitting by himself, i went to talk to him and he was crying saying that 1 of the boys was hitting him in the face with a ball and making fun of him. i told him that we could go home but he did not want to, As i was talking to him i seen another mom come out and talk to the boys and then the boys walked over and apologized to him. he has had trouble with this same kid many times. if there is noone else to play with he will play with my son but if there is other kids around he totally pushes him away and tells him that they r not friends. 3 of these boys parents r teachers at our school, so not sure how to handle it without causing more problems for him in school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• How old is he?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• he is 9
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 11:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Is the school aware of the issue already?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• no, because these boys moms work there and they pretty much get away with alot, and my son is afraid that it would make it worse for him.
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 12:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You have to make those decisions to keep him safe. Unless you go advocate for him at the school, I would say that it will just go on. If your state has anti-bullying laws in place, you should print them out and take them with you. Bullying is a very serious issue. It is near the top of our "Why We Homeschool" list.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i would love to be able to talk to the school about this, i did talk to his teacher last year about it and nothing was done because she had to work with these childrens mothers. will be the same if i go to the principal.
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 12:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If that happens, go to the Board of Education. If your son is in danger, take him out of school. If he is assaulted, involve the police. You have to do whatever you can to be sure that he is safe, happy, and healthy.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes u r right, i know that i am going to have to talk to someone about this i am just scared that it will create more bullying, iI am not a strong person, but i know that i am gonna have to be for my son.
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 12:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I understand where you're coming from. That's why I suggest that if you think things get worse after you report it, take him out of school, at least while the matter is being dealt with. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Thank u!
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 12:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2010