How do you find time for your marriage?

My dh and I NEVER spend time together, even when we are both home. It's become a huge problem in our relationship, we are so distant. And our 3yo dd sleeps with us, so ya, no sex hardly ever.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• First of all get your three year old out of your bed it might take a few days but that has to happen for your sanity. next you and your husband have to set time and make time for each other. If you guys are to busy with work or whatever take a day of and find a babysitter it is essintial that you guys do this to save your relationship.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My husband works from 7A-3P M-F only. I am a SAHM and online college student. He is also in college online and we homeschool our children. We are all always together though, for the most part. Everything we do is pretty much done as a family. DS is in bed by 9 every night and then we have plenty of alone time as well.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I can't seem to find the time to get married.
    kimsardo

Answer by kimsardo at 12:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• so then if the baby is in the bed take the sex to another room how bout the living room floor..it may spice the marriage back up...good luck :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sex doesn't have to happen in bed, lol. But me and hubby always spend time together after our boys are asleep. We have a 3 year old and a 19 month old, and we always put them to bed around 8. The time after that is when we talk, watch tv, or whatever, but it's our time. Other than that we also take time to do things together as a family whenever we can, be it just going to the park for a little bit.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well the answer is pretty obvious if you really think about it. Get that kid out of your bed! We have a strict no child policy in our room unless my DD is sick. You should implement something along those lines. Our bedroom is OURS. It is our sanctuary. Also get the kids on a routine, bed by 8! Then spent some time with your man. Sex does not have to always happen in the bedroom of course, but good lord how are you supposed to sunggle with him if you have a 3 years elbow poking you in the neck? Get a baby sitter once a week & get to know him again. And no talking about the kids when you go out. Good luck
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Your 3yr old should be in his/her own bed.He/she gets most of your attention. While your husband is dealing with the fact.That he can't hold you or make love to you without the child being in your bed.He probadly can't sneak a piece if he wanted to.lol(no disrespect) Give your husband an night out without the child.Try getting grandmom to babysitter your 3yr old the night before your day off. That way your alone all night and day with your man. Cook his favorite meal and for dessert........chocolate and whipped cream on you!!! Or do something he wouldn't except you to do.Enjoy each other's company. Good Luck!!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 1:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my 18m has been in her own bed since 1m, and her bedtime has always been 8pm, Dh works outta town so we have a strict bedtime schedual ,everynight no questions, so we can spend time together ,when he is home. im also 36weeks prego, if u want to spend time together u will find away its not impossible. (living room sex is fun:)
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 2:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Lots of good answers already there, so I'm not going to repeat the same info. Great advice moms!!!
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2010