Introducing Cow's Milk

My son is almost 1 years old ( 11 months 2 weeks) and I've been noticing him not really wanting formula anymore. I know you're suppose to wait til they turn 1 but with it being so close i thought maybe i could give him some now, or start introducing it to him.. Any thoughts?

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a doc told my friend that had a ten month old that they were close enough to one it wouldent hurt them, so yeah deffinatly be carfull and look for any milk alergies but its ok to do that.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Its only 2 weeks I couldnt really make that big of a difference, I would. We gave our son juice, cereal, & baby food all early & hes healthy as a horse
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Go for it! My son was about 10 and a half to 11 months old when he started giving him milk. He didnt like it if it was cold so i still had to keep warming it up for about a week but I just kept making it a little colder and colder each time so he wouldnt be shocked with it being so cold right away. Good luck with your little one!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• thank you for asking this question :)..it really helped me too :)
    luzianagurl

Answer by luzianagurl at 1:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Absolutely, I know doctors have a time line they like for you to follow, but you in the end have to do what you feel is right and what makes you and baby happy! every baby is different. I would say go for it!
    adyssonsmommy

Answer by adyssonsmommy at 3:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Our pedi told us at the 9-month well-check that we could start the transition between 11 and 12 months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010