Do you ever

Just want to pick up your family and move? My hubby hates his job and is never home. But, there are no jobs here for him. There are jobs in other states, but I don't know if it would be crazy just to pick up and move if he got another job. It would be fun, but at the same time scary ... would you ever do it?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have picked up and moved. If you have to go where the jobs are, definitely do it! There are good jobs out there, in fact, I am near St. Louis and they are ranked in the top when it comes to jobs in the US.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, not to get away from our lives, but my in-laws.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i kinda did, but i was pregnant with my first at the time, not my 5 people fam that i have now...i have to be honest. it was soooooo much fun! but again i didnt have any children at the time..if i were to do it now,...hmmm i think id still go for it.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• oh and i moved from virginia to oklahoma.
    mywonderyears

• Yes, but not because of my husband's job. I just hate the state we're in. It's boring compared to other places I've lived in.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my 6yo has lived in 5 states because of that! I really enjoy experiencing new places in a way that a vacation cannot show you.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 12:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes and it was hard. My husband doubled his pay by us just moving out of Arizona doing the same thing with similiar costs up in the other state. I was pregnant and lonely as heck.
    Flower_Mom

Answer by Flower_Mom at 1:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Heck yeah! My bf is trying to get a job near the coast right now, as I work from home I can be anywhere.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, I would, but my kids are still young and want to be around their grandparents.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If he can find a job that offers relocation assistance, then do it!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010