when do u move in with a guy

so i have been dating this guy and we both see things going long term. we want to move in together, but i just dont know when the best time to do that is. i have a 4 year old son who loves the bf and the bf loves my kid, and the bf has a 2 year old, im starting school in jan and i want to get a roomie and he was saying that he is moving out of his place and wanted to get a roomie too. so he thinks we should just move in together. so when do u think it is a good time to move in with a guy?

cowgirl856

Asked by cowgirl856 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• When you get married.... :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't think there is a standard time frame, consider everyone involved and decide what is best for all of you... No one online knows you, him and your child well enough to possibly make this kind of choice for you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am old fashioned, I say only after you marry him! Seriously. Watch some court TV and you'll understand why.

Of course, I have no idea how long you've been together. But you have to be careful especially now days. You never really understand someones real intentions for you. The law doesn't usually protect couples living together, unless you are married.

You both have kids to consider, so I would be very cautious!!!

But to answer your question... I don't think there is a set time to move in with someone... it really depends on the relationship!

Good luck!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not untill after you marry him. Iv seen bad things happen with cuples who live with each other and than break up.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No one can put a time frame on that. Go with what you feel. My only suggestion would to be move into some place new and put lease in both names if going for a rental. work out all the details and bills in advance. this is not saying that things will not work out but it is insurance for those children.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would seriously talk to him about how serious he wants to get about your relationship before moving him in. My fiance and I moved in together fairly soon but we both wanted to get married and have a family together. Just know that who you decide to move into your life also effects your child and if you guys break up, your child will be heartbroken.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Just weigh all the pros and cons of living with someone. I mean you may love this guy now but maybe after moving in with him you will start to see things in him you dont like. How long have you guys been dating? I really think you should do what is best for your 4 year old son. You deserve to be happy but most importantly your child does. I know your son is only 4 but maybe have a talk with him and see what he thinks.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 12:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• After you're married.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• nothing like convinience to have you move in with someone! I think the only way to know if it could be right is if you can take the financial need out of the situation.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 12:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• id say go with your heart. consider both the kids. but until you know 120% that its gonna work or you two get married have a back up plan for both of you incase things go sour. :) good luck
    ear92

Answer by ear92 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2010