do you just go with the flow?

do you have a set routine you stick to?

i have tried to do this, i have 3 kids, a 3 yr old and 2 month old twins,..and so far...it just aint happenin...lol

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 12:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a go with the flow kind of girl...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• this is my first baby. i am a SAHM. she leads. i sleep when she sleeps. if i cant sleep i get house work done. we nurse when shes hungry. so i just go with the flow :) it works.
    ear92

Answer by ear92 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• of course it is eaysier with one but I let my DS make the scedual children will set their own scedual. whitch it is not hard to alter that scedual a little.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We have a routine, but I wouldn't call it strict. We homeschool, so it usually works best for us to stick with at least a loose schedule.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• what time does your 3yr old go to bed or take naps. its hard sometimes to stick with a routine but don't give up.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I went with the flow while breastfeeding, but now that my DS is 14mnths old , he has a set schedule. And it works wonderfully!
    dracosmommy

Answer by dracosmommy at 12:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oh I so know how you feel. I have a 7 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and a 18mth old. I try really hard to keep a schedule set everyday but it never works out. I think if we both stuck to a schedule everyday it may make the day easier. Its hard though, seems no matter how hard I try to get them on a schedule it back fires on me!
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 12:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am definitely more of a routine kinda gal. There is room for flexibility but for the most part I stick to a schedule/routine. I have to really because I home school.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I try to schedule but quickly get picked back up by the flow.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 1:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• When my kids were little I was most definitely go with the flow.  Trying to schedule anything was pointless because the kids just did what they wanted (as in falling asleep for a nap when they were supposed to be having lunch or wanting to eat when it was bath time, etc).  I don't think it was until the oldest was in school that I started to have a routine.

And even then it's very simple and subject to change depending on circumstances.  As it stands the only set routine we have is lunch at 11am, dinner at 5pm.  that's during the school year.  In the summer all bets are off.  I try to stick to those two times because it divides the day up nicely but it doesn't always work (I had lunch at 12:30pm today and dinner at like 7pm).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2010